Friday, November 5, 2010

Afriel strain....Nork?

LOL. Not exactly but I bet his DNA was used for the project. I've been hearing about how effective people are using ogryn squads and being surprisingly successful. The big problem for me in doing this is that I DO NOT want to pay 22 bucks per Ogryn model to field them.
So I was thinking what I can use in-leu. While looking through my old issues of white dwarf (which I purchased when it first published), there is an article in issue 303 that talks about genetically engineered super humans with the drawback of having very bad luck and granting the opposing force preffered enemy against these guardsman but they had the awesome abilities of they old Imperial heroes that they are cloned after.
So I've decided to get a box of scout space marines for the same price as one ogryn model and count my scouts(painted as afriel strained guardsmen) as ogryns(what a mash up).
I think it's a good idea and a great way to make my guard a little unique in a sense. So tell me what you guys think.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...